2D Shapes and Paul Klee

In our Kindergarten grade level team we have a year long unit "Express Yourself". We are inquiring into different ways of expressing ourselves through the arts, symbols and culture. We want our little inquirers to make their feelings and memories to be involved in everything they create. 
While we are currently working on 2D shapes, I thought that Paul Klee could be a good example to be inspired.
I found a video link on YouTube about Paul Klee, after we watched it together with kids I asked what made all this picture looked alike. My kids said that Paul Klee did not use bright colors, he used lines and shapes. And there was the SUN almost on all Paul Klee's work.
My second question was about feelings. Most of my little friends were happy:) but a few of them were sad when looking at Paul Klee's work:(
Materials we used:
I precut  different 2D shapes  for my little people in order to be used as stencils. 
A3 size of white paper
Black markers
Water color

At first, kids used stencils and black markers to create their images.
 After they painted over the images with water color.
When their masterpieces were dry, we went over the images with a black marker again.

 Most of the girls loved Paul Klee's "Cat and Bird". They were amazed by a heart shape nose:)
 This boy made a heart in the middle and you know... he is loved by all friends, families and the whole community... I think he feels the LOVE!

 It is one of my favorite because this girl made 2 houses that look like a cat. Amazing!









COOL!

Comments