Reggio Children International Study Group, reflection 1

I always wanted to have my own atelier or a studio where children would create and enjoy the process. I still need to work to make my dream come true:( But I am a lucky woman because
1. I have my own children who love to create;
2. I am a K teacher in a class of 18 children who enjoy the process!

3. I meet and work in a wonderful team with dedicated, inspired and enthusiastic teachers!

For the last three years I have been reading articles about Loris Malaguzzi and saw lots of Reggio inspired web-sites on Pinterest. It made me wonder about the approach, that was how I found out about Reggio Children International Study Group and applied...
This spring in April 13-20, I was lucky to join 399 people from 39 countries in order to meet with a big team of pedagogistas, atelieristas, teachers and a beautiful community including a mayor of Reggio Emilia:) It was a full week of WOW and AHA moments in my professional life!
If you want to join this Study Group, go to http://www.reggiochildren.it/?lang=en and apply for the year of 2014.
The First Day: That was my first oversea PD trip alone. It felt so excited about the topic of the study, so I did note really worried about being alone (I usually prefer to travel with a friend and/or my family).
I noticed one thing, I am not sure if it is true for you or not, but  if you come to a conference or workshop alone, you usually make some friends, but if you come with a group of colleagues, you kind of missing opportunity to meet others.
to be continued...

Comments